There are challenges and considerations when designing a space using daylighting. One such challenge is that of a dropped- or suspended-ceiling application. A lighting designer must consider:
- Where the daylighting zones are located within the spac
- Where to place the daylight sensor
- Building orientation and obstruction
- Commissioning of the controls to optimize and maintain light levels
- Clutter from requiring both a skylight and luminaire (commercial indoor space)
- How to manage color uniformity between the natural and electric lighting (if requested)
Sunoptics helps overcome these and other design challenges and provides numerous benefits for both designers and end-users.